Monday, October 4, 2010

Wrong side of the Archosaur tree, but still a great cause

You probably already know, but October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. My grandmother died two years ago of breast cancer that metastasized to her liver and I live in a cancer cluster (over a dozen women in my neighborhood have been diagnosed in the past few years), so this is something close to my heart.


Over at the blog ART Evolved, they have found a unique way to make a difference. For the whole month of October, they are hosting the Pink Dinosaur Fundraiser for Cancer Research. There are two ways to participate: 1.) Go directly to the event page and donate or 2.) send in a picture of a pink dinosaur. For each dino they receive, they will donate $1. I've already sent in two:

 
Adult Triceratops (formerly Torosaurus)



Leptoceratops




No comments:

Post a Comment